Ok, this is by no means an exhaustive list. The Bee is just one tiny flying insect — there is only so much we can buzz about. That said, if you’re in the Hamptons this weekend, here are some activities to check out. Our criteria: Events must support local businesses, plus we’d actually have to be interested in attending them. (That narrowed the list down.) We’ll be adding to the calendar as we hear about more.
Friday, May 22
- Dockers Waterside, $5 Friday Happy Hour, 3:30 p.m., and live music with Kevin Kaye, 5 p.m. 94 Dune Road, East Quogue.
- Wolffer Wine Stand, First Sunset Friday with vineyard views (bring blanket) and live jazz with Certain Moves, 5 p.m. till sunset. 3312 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
Saturday, May 23
- Elements Fitness Studio, Barre class at 8:15, 9:30 and 10:45, followed by yin yoga beginning at 11:45 a.m. Tea tastings from Bit T NYC and fragrance trunk show by Nomaterra. 66 Newtown Lane Suite 11, East Hampton
- Springs Farmers Market, vendor stalls outside Ashawagh Hall featuring local food entrepreneurs, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
780 Springs Fireplace Rd., East Hampton.
- Pontoon Paddler, Grand opening, SUP and kayak rentals, 10 a.m. Village Marina, 1 Library Ave, Westhampton Beach.
- The Chequit, Champagne and oysters on the hotel’s terrace, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. (also Sunday and Monday). 23 Grand Ave, Shelter Island Heights.
- Tripoli Gallery, Opening reception of exhibit Yung Jake, Twisted Metal III, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. 87 Newtown Lane, East Hampton.
- John Drew Theater, Guild Hall, Strangemen & Co. presents free performance of “The Thirteen Clocks,” inspired by James Thurber’s novel, 7 p.m. 158 Main Street, East Hampton.
- Stephen Talkhouse, Lez Zeppelin, all-girl band that plays Led Zeppelin music, 8 p.m. 161 Main St., Amagansett.
Sunday, May 24
- Southampton Chamber of Commerce Farmers’ Market, with local vendors offering vegetables, fruits, pickles and more, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton.
- Backyard Restaurant at Solé East Resort, Jazz and Bosso Nova brunch with music by Ludmilla and Marcello, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. 90 Second House Road, Montauk.
- Marders, Book signing of Katie Lee’s “Endless Summer Cookbook,” 11 a.m. 120 Snake Hollow Rd., Bridgehampton.
- Beautique Southampton, Poolside soiree and barbecue to kick off the summer season, with music by EDX and Lee Kalt, 2 p.m. 281 County Road 39A Southampton.
- Springs General Store, Sunday Jam with Job Potter, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. 29 Old Stone Highway, East Hampton.
- Navy Beach, Sunset Sets featuring live reggae with Twister, 5 p.m. through sunset. 16 Navy Road, Montauk.
Monday, May 25
- Surf Lodge, Celebration for “Montauk Dreaming,” a book of photographs by Ben Watts, 2 p.m. 183 Edgemere St, Montauk.
Got something to add to this calendar? Email email@example.com, or leave a comment below.