(Want to get the Daily Bee delivered to your Inbox? Sign up here.)
Ok, we’re not sure how this happened, but all of a sudden, Memorial Day Weekend is a hashtag: #MDW. If you are already aware of this, then clearly you want something to do for #MDW, especially if you’re in the #Hamptons. Here’s our list. As always, our criteria: Events must support local businesses, plus we’d actually have to be interested in attending them. (That narrows the list considerably.) Presence of booze also helps. We’ll be adding to the calendar as we hear about more.
Friday, May 27
- Dockers Waterside, $5 Friday Happy Hour, 3:30 p.m., and live music with Lisa Angel, 5 p.m. 94 Dune Road, East Quogue.
- Wolffer Wine Stand, First Sunset Friday with vineyard views (bring blanket) and live rock and blues with Clinton Curtis, 5 p.m. till sunset. 3312 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
- Oakland’s restaurant, live music with mashup pop/rock band New Life Crisis, 6 p.m. 365 Dune Road, Hampton Bays.
Saturday, May 28
- Physique 57, Complimentary 10-minute massage by Zeel Massage On Demand, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 264 Butter Lane, Bridgehampton.
- Springs Farmers Market, vendor stalls outside Ashawagh Hall featuring local food entrepreneurs, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 780 Springs Fireplace Road, East Hampton.
- White’s Apothecary, complimentary La Mer (yes, that La Mer) facial with a 2-product purchase, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. 18 Hampton Road, Southampton.
- The Architect’s Gallery, Grand opening, 11 a.m. Architect Bruce Nagel will display his architectural work and personal photography. 69 Main Street, Westhampton Beach.
- Elements Fitness Studio, Barre class at 11 a.m., with beverages by Montauk Juice Factory, at the Maidstone Hotel. 207 Main Street, East Hampton.
- Jue Lan Club, Dim Sum & Then Sum bottomlesss brunch ($34.95) at the spanking-new Chinese eatery, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 268 Elm Street, Southampton.
- Pontoon Paddler, Demo tour, SUP and kayak rentals, 12 p.m. Village Marina, 1 Library Ave, Westhampton Beach.
- The Studio of Art, Opening reception for The Golden Age of Rock ‘N’ Roll Part I, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Please note, Part 11 continues at White Room Gallery on Sunday night; clever.) 38 Gingerbread Lane, East Hampton.
- ARF Thrift & Treasure Shop, Cocktail party for Designer Showcase and Sale, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. 17 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
- Stephen Talkhouse, Kiefer Sutherland (who knew!), with opening act Austin Plaine 7 p.m. 161 Main Street, Amagansett.
Sunday, May 29
- Southampton Chamber of Commerce Farmers’ Market, with local vendors offering vegetables, fruits, pickles and more, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton.
- White Room Gallery, Opening reception for The Golden Age of Rock ‘N’ Roll Part 2, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Please note, Part 1 is the night before, at The Studio of Art in East Hampton.) 2415 Main Street, Bridgehampton.
- Navy Beach, Nancy Atlas Project performs live, 5 p.m. 16 Navy Road, Montauk.
- Montauket, JettyKoon plays American groove as the sun sets; music starts at 6 p.m. 88 Firestone Road, Montauk.
- The Ram’s Head Inn, Summer Sunday Jazz Series, 6 p.m. 108 Ram Island Drive, Shelter Island Heights.
Monday, May 30
- The Chequit, Memorial Day Brunch at the Red Maple restaurant, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 23 Grand Ave, Shelter Island Heights.
- Baron’s Cove, Memorial Day BBQ, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., followed by the musical sounds of the Jon Divello Trio. 31 W Water St., Sag Harbor.
Got a tip? Nothing is too great or too small. Trust us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.