(Want to get the Hampton Bee delivered to your Inbox? Sign up here.)
In the Hamptons, half of life is sitting around, drinking rosé in the guise of doing something more noble, like gawking at art or listening to live music. Or maybe spending weekend time with family. But actually, it’s all just an excuse to drink rosé. In that spirit, here is our list of what’s happening in the Hamptons this Memorial Day Weekend. As always, our criteria: Events must support local businesses, plus we’d actually have to be interested in attending them. If an event does not serve rosé, please let us know; we’ll remove it from this listing immediately. (Not really).
Friday, May 26
- Reformation Beach House, Grand opening of pop-up that sells sustainable fashion, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. 45 Main Street in East Hampton.
- Dockers Waterside, $5 Friday happy hour with parmesan meatballs (among other things), 3 p.m. 94 Dune Road, East Quogue.
- Wolffer Wine Stand, first “Sunset Friday” with vineyard views (bring a blanket!) and live rock/blues with Clinton Curtis, 5 p.m. till sunset. 3312 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
- Oakland’s restaurant, live music with mashup pop/rock band New Life Crisis, 6 p.m. 365 Dune Road, Hampton Bays.
- Stephen Talkhouse, Kiefer Sutherland (yup, who knew!), with opening act Rick Brantley, 8 p.m. 161 Main Street, Amagansett.
- Oreya Lounge at the Capri Southampton, grand opening of new night club by Frederick Lesort and Philippe Olivier Bondon, featuring music by dance-pop duo Glassio, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Also: The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society will be hosting “Toast to Summer 2017” at Oreya; details here. 281 County Road 39a, Southampton.
Saturday, May 27
- Springs Farmers Market, vendor stalls outside Ashawagh Hall featuring local food entrepreneurs, with live music by Job Potter and friends, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 780 Springs Fireplace Road, East Hampton.
- Elements Fitness Studio kicks off its pop-up at The Montauk Beach House with poolside workouts, 9 a.m. 55 South Elmwood Ave., Montauk.
- Gurney’s Montauk, Pure Barre class on the Top Deck, hosted by Tobias Harris, 10 a.m. 290 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk.
- LongHouse Reserve, Family Day with tours of the garden (free admission), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 133 Hands Creek Road, East Hampton.
- Topping Rose House, Competitive Rosé Wine Tasting, with all proceeds going to the Sag Harbor Partnership for the purchase and rebuilding of the fire-destroyed Sag Harbor Cinema, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Topping Rose House, 1 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton.
- Wolffer Wine Stand, First Sunset Saturday (it’s a thing now) with vineyard views and live music with Mamalee Rose, 5 p.m. till sunset. 3312 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
- Dan’s Rosé Soirée, a celebration of the Hamptons’ favorite libation, kicks off at the Southampton Arts Center. “Join us as we raise a rosy-hued glass to the start of summertime fun in our corner of paradise,” the organizers say, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., with after party featuring Rock Angel, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton.
- Romany Kramoris Gallery, Opening reception for “Ready, Set,Go!” – a group exhibition to kickoff the summer season featuring the works of six local artists, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. 41 Main Street, Sag Harbor.
- *Further afield* Alex Ferrone Gallery, Opening reception for “Currently Cuba Exhibit,” 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. 25425 Main Road, Cutchogue.
- ARF Thrift & Treasure Shop, Cocktail party for Designer Showcase and Sale, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. 17 Montauk Highway, Sagaponack.
Sunday, May 28
- Southampton Chamber of Commerce Farmers’ Market, with local vendors offering vegetables, fruits, pickles and more, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 25 Jobs Lane, Southampton.
- Montauk Yacht Club, brunch featuring a steel drum band on the beach, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. 32 Star Island Road, Montauk.
- Backyard Restaurant at Solé East, Poolside Brunch with Bossa Nova by Marcello and Ludmilla, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 90 Second House Road, Montauk.
- White Room Gallery, Brunch reception (it’s a thing) for “Abstract Anarchy,” 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. 2415 Main Street, Bridgehampton.
- BYoga, Grand opening of new yoga studio, featuring bubbly and curated selections from local apparel label Juja Active, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. 83 S. Elmwood Ave., Montauk.
- Baron’s Cove, Memorial Day BBQ, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., featuring the musical sounds of the Jon Divello Trio. “Put on something red, white, and/or blue and join us,” the restaurant says. 31 W Water St., Sag Harbor.
- Kosher BBQ, Chabad’s Backyard BBQ featuring kosher hot dogs, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. 13 Woods Lane, East Hampton.
- East Hampton Point, Reggae Sunday, featuring live music by Dan Bailey Tribe and a pig roast, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. 295 Three Mile Harbor Road / Hog Creek Road, East Hampton.
- Montauket, JettyKoon plays American groove as the sun sets; music starts at 6 p.m. 88 Firestone Road, Montauk.
- The Ram’s Head Inn kicks off the 25th year of its popular Summer Sunday Jazz Series, 6 p.m. Relax in the cocktail lounge (Harbor Hall) or watch the sunset from its Great Lawn while listening to live jazz. 108 Ram Island Drive, Shelter Island Heights.
Got a tip? Nothing is too great or too small. Trust us. Email email@example.com.